Tuesday, April 16, 2019

When the Notre Dame...

When my mother's died, and I had get my heritage, I wanted to spend that on something memorable. I could have paid a few bills, but it would have been a drop in the sea. So, we travelled in Paris and we walked along the Seine River, we went up to the top of the Eiffel tower, we look at the wonders of Louvre, and we lit a candle in Notre Dame. That was Spring of the 2007.
Today I took the CD with that pictures. My heart broken when I saw the graceful tower, the  wood carvings and sculptures.  I will never see this in live again, as it was built 850 years ago, and now is gone...
But, it makes me feel good, that EUR 850 million has been raised for reconstruction. Private person, jewish, muslims, atheist, black and white donated for that.  I think, is heart warming.

"Time is the architect, nation is the builder" (Victor Hugo: The Hunchback of the Notre Dame)












No comments:

Post a Comment

GBM4 and my life

The story continuing now. Tibor had a seizure in January and then our life changed at 180 degrees. After the lots of hospital days and seiz...