Sunday, April 21, 2019

One moment of my job

Today was the first time, when I washed on  a died woman. 
She was in our Nhome a month.She had a cancer. Sometimes, when her room was in my section, talked with her. Very quiet woman was she. She has a big family who always came and visited her. Sometimes were been too much, because she couldn’t rest. Her body was very athletic. I asked her one day, has she had any sport in her lifetime. She said yes, she loved hockey. I very wondered, because hockey is not a womany sport. And she died today early morning. Her family came when we  recognised, she has a very bad condition, and half hour later she passed away. My colleague asked me and my friend, can we help her  wash the body and take a clean clothes on her. One of the moment was just there, when felt myself uncomfortable, when my collleague started talk to the death woman, like when we wash our patients. “So my sweetheart can you turn over please, I wash your back. Come back to the middle, please. We are finish in a minute” 
Just looked at my friend, and we don’t say anything. I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GBM4 and my life

The story continuing now. Tibor had a seizure in January and then our life changed at 180 degrees. After the lots of hospital days and seiz...